JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jun - 23:07 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Hi all

I picked up an 1100ds Hypermotard today with CEL on.

Plugged in my JP Diag and cleared all the codes but three remain. These are:

P0483 - fan rationality check
P0484 - fan circuit over current
P0485 - fan power/ground circuit

Seeing as the bike is oil cooled and does not have cooling fans I don't know what to do. I tried to clear the codes a number of times but they remain.

The dash has the EXVL error in addition to the CEL being on.

I am pretty sure the flapper has been removed as the bike has an aftermarket exhaust.

I would love to get the CEL off!

Than you in advance.

Regards

Murray

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jun - 23:07 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jun - 15:54 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

if you check continuity between gnd and pin2 of the diag connector , what's the result ?

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jun - 17:06 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Hi JP

Thanks for chiming in.

I did the cable test and that came out ok. I dont know if this makes a difference to your post but I failed to mention this in my first post.

If I am correct on the diag connector there are three pins. The centre one is the ground and therefore pin 2? So how do I check continuity between those two?

Sorry for my ignorance but I am not too clever with this sort of stuff.

Thanks

Murray

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jun - 22:36 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

yes check if central pin is grounded

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun - 12:34 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Ok. Can you please let me know what the best way is to check the centre pin grounding on the diag connector.

Again sorry for being such an amateur at this.

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun - 13:22 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

ohmmeter between this pin and the battery minus

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun - 19:07 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Thanks.

I will get my hands on a multimeter in the next few days. 

Just a few questions please. 

Do I connect the diag connector to the battery and then run the test or do I need to get your JP Diag software running and the test as if I am plugging into the ecu?

Also on the multimeter for the ohm test which setting must I choose and what will be the correct result if it is all good?

Thanks again

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun - 19:40 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

you should read something close to 0 ohm
that's mean the link is still good
you don't need jpdiag for this test 
we'r testing the loom , don't make any other connections

you maybe need to ask assistance to an electrician guy arround you

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun - 14:20 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Test done and gives 0.001. So I think the continuity is good?

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun - 15:17 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Yes ecu isn't  broken, that's good
What code you can get directly from dash ?
There should be more explicit than the ones given in the software

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun - 17:36 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Dash throws out:

Error 23.1
Error 23.5
Error 23.3

With EXVL in the bottom left corner.

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun - 18:51 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

right all those code related to exvl

EXVL 23.1 Exhaust butterfly valve motor error 

EXVL 23.2 Exhaust butterfly valve motor error 

EXVL 23.3 Exhaust butterfly valve motor error 

EXVL 23.4 Exhaust butterfly valve motor error 

EXVL 23.5 Exhaust butterfly valve motor error 

so you've no other option than put back exvl servo , or re write your ecu for deleting this error

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun - 19:57 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Ok rewrite the ECU which means going for the DP map?

Also do you think this will this get rid of the CEL?

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun - 07:59 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

You can patch your actual map no need to use a DP oneAnd yes it should get rid of cel 

MSN
Slickbass
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun - 08:44 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help Reply with quote

Ok cool. Thanks.

Well how do I patch the map? 

Also whilst I am at it I think I may as well do the DP map so that I can get rid of the immobilizer as I only have one key. 

The only thing is that I don't know which DP map to get as the bike has two arrow cans that are pretty open as well as the cat.

Also with my limited time on the bike it seems to run quite nicely with the current map.

Do I need to copy the current map and send to you as I did when you helped me put a DP map on my PS?

Thanks again JP.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:08 (2017)    Post subject: Hypermotard 1100ds Error Fan Codes Please Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation