JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Andreas
Map

Masculin
Bike / Moto: Monster 1000 S i.e.

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul - 23:01 (2017)    Post subject: Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010 Reply with quote

Hi all,
after browsing a lot through the forum I did not find all answers to my questions. So I hope you can help  Surprised

My Monster 800 i.e. got wrecked recently. I then bought a Monster 1000 S i.e. (2003) with only 1 black key (no red one, no code card, immo is active). I know about the problems, but it was a good price. As my broken 800 i.e. has a full set of locks, keys and code card, I would like to swap the lockset to the new 1000 S i.e. Both bikes have a IAW59MHW010 ECU. 

Does anyone know how I could make the ECU of the 1000 S. i.e. familiar with the red key of my old 800 i.e.? I have read about that you could make the ECU 'virgin' with some effort, but could not find any info on how this is done.
Alternatively, I am thinking about deactivating the immo in the 1000 S. i.e.. Then I could use simple chipless key duplicates. But I have not yet completely understood how this is done. I know that I have to buy JP wri... license. The price is fine so i will do so if this is the best solution. But what then? Is it just a click on a button to disable the immo? Or do I need to know a specific adress in a bin file that has to be changed with a hex editor? Is it sure that this will work with this ECU?

I would appreciate any recommendations and be glad to hear of any experiences with similar issues and this ECU.

Greetings,
Andreas

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul - 23:01 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul - 18:04 (2017)    Post subject: Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010 Reply with quote

If only it was that simple. You also need to take into account the immo box or coded clocks (depending on bike). If you have an immo box you could transfer that, the lock set and original M800 ECU (flashed to M1000 mapping) That should keep the immo of the original bike working.

Visit poster’s website
Andreas
Map

Masculin
Bike / Moto: Monster 1000 S i.e.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul - 21:23 (2017)    Post subject: Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010 Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer, chrisw. 
I have great news. I found the first owner of the 1000 S i.e. He still has the missing keys as well as the code card and will send them to me. I just hope that these are really the right ones, because the last owner changed some parts (including engine). But if it is still the original lockset and ECU, my problem will be solved within a couple of days.
But for informational purposes I would like to keep the thread active. Could you please explain, what you mean by 'immo box' and 'coded clocks'? I guess an immo box would be a separate control unit just for the immo? And I guess the coded clocks mean that the immo / ECU is paired to the dash board?

chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul - 20:34 (2017)    Post subject: Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010 Reply with quote

You understand correctly. Early bikes had a separate immobiliser box that was paired to the keys and ECU. On later bikes the immo was in the clocks and paired to the keys and ECU.

Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:45 (2017)    Post subject: Key swap or immo deactivation on IAW59MHW010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation