JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1199s panigale error
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 06:52 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

hi

i have an error 0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction Status:61

BIKE: 2013 ducati 1199 panigale S.

i removed my air filter for cleaning. i disconnected two injector sensors that were blocking the way. i also disconnected the ECU when i replaced the tank. 
all the while i forgot to disconnect the battery. now i have the 0105 error. 

i can't seem to erase it using melcodiag. 

anybody know what this error is?

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 06:52 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Benjisan265
Map

Masculin Scorpion (23oct-21nov) 蛇 Serpent
Bike / Moto: Diavel

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 17:13 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

HI, MAP sensors are pretty robust units that rarely fail.

My guess is that the connector for the MAP sensor is either disconnected or not seated correctly ---> connector is loose.

Which is probably why you can't clear the code.

You need to double check your work and make sure the MAP sensor connector is not the cause for the MIL code.

richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 19:38 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

so you don't think disconnecting the ECU or the sensors while the battery still connected is what's causing the problem? 

okay i will go over my work again

Benjisan265
Map

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 19:48 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

richiehaha wrote:
so you don't think disconnecting the ECU or the sensors while the battery still connected is what's causing the problem? 

okay i will go over my work again
No, disconnecting the ECU while the battery is still connected will not give you and error unless the bike has the ignition in the on position or the bike was running.

If you actually started the bike while the MAP sensor wasn't connected or even just turned the key on to power the ECU that would generally throw a code.

Also if the code was not caused by an actual sensor fault then the ECU will dismiss it after a certain amount of drive cycles.

But, yes I would recheck all your sensor connectors to eliminate that as a possibility.   

Benjisan265
Map

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 20:00 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

Want to add that MAP sensors have a vacuum line.

Please be sure it isn't disconnected. 

richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 11:29 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

is this the map sensor we are talking about? there is a hose connected to the two map sensors, i assume they are the vacuum lines you are referring to.
i have check both hoses and they are intact. 

i have retraced my work. but just to clarify, i never touched these sensors to begin with. i only disconnected the injector sensors under the tank to make way for the air filter to come out. 

and also the ECU on the right side of the fairing to replace the tank. i'm not sure if i did need to remove the ECU to refit the tank, but i did. 

i never touched the left side of the fairing of the bike where these map sensors are located. 

i will try to check both MAP sensors tomorrow. 

richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 11:31 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

this is the code i have been getting. any ideas?

Benjisan265
Map

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 13:34 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

Do you have a dashboard light on for this code when the bike is running?

richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 14:15 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

Yes, the check engine light is on when the engine is running.

I will check the map sensors tomorrow if both are working.

Aside from that, i have no idea where to look for this error since i didn't touch anything else. I forgot to mention i haven't ridden the bike in 4 months. But no error before i removed the air filter.

Benjisan265
Map

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 14:51 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

I would advise you to also double check that you don't have any wires/pins in the MAP sensor connectors that may have been stretched or loosened up while you were removing things.

Be sure to check both ends of the connectors.  

chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Wed 18 Oct - 08:40 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

As the others have identified the most likely suspect is the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor. 

Visit poster’s website
richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Wed 18 Oct - 09:59 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

update:

i have a new suspect. it's the horizontal map sensor. 

i noticed when i disconnect the vertical map sensor, an additional error 0106 comes up. it also disappears/clears when i reconnect it.
"0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem"

but when i disconnect the horizontal map sensor, i get no additional error code aside from the original 0105 error that i have been getting.
i suspect it is the error to begin with and that's why i don't get a fault code when i disconnect it.
"0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction"

since i have no on-hand extra map sensor for testing, i switched up both sensors just to further my observation. 
i put the vertical map sensor on the horizontal map sensor slot, and horizontal map sensor on the vertical map sensor slot.

now i get the 0106 error that i got when prior to the switching when i disconnected the vertical map sensor, and no more 0105 error. 
and when i disconnect the horizontal map sensor(after the switching), only then i get the 0105 error.

in other words, the errors also switched places when i switched the map sensors (unless i am mistaken)
i have tested several times though to make sure of this observation. 

I have ordered a map sensor and i will post an update when it arrives. 

Benjisan265
Map

PostPosted: Wed 18 Oct - 16:32 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

That's great news. 

Yes, swapping over the MAP sensors is a definitive way to verify their state. 

I'm still surprised that it's a bad MAP sensor. 

Did you check the faulty MAP sensor for any bent pins?

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Wed 18 Oct - 19:16 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

if your conclusions are right , i'll update the error code definition Okay

MSN
richiehaha
Map

Masculin 龍 Dragon

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct - 15:39 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error Reply with quote

yes, no bent pins. i am surprised too as i never touched any of them.
and they never showed any signs of going bad before i took out my air filter. 

i will post again once i get my map sensor.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:07 (2017)    Post subject: 1199s panigale error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation