JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
flammableguy
Map

Masculin
Bike / Moto: Monster S4

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar - 21:23 (2018)    Post subject: No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU? Reply with quote

Having established that my 2004 Monster S4 has an IAW59M ECU and acquired the necessary components, I’ve attempted to get JPDiag working. Unfortunately, every time I just get the “Connecting…” message and nothing happens.

I am using:
- Clean Windows XP installation
- Gendan VAG KKL cable (FTTDI based) which I’ve used successfully with VAG & BMW vehicles
- Recommended FTTDI CDM20824 drivers, COM3 port set in all screens
- Fiat 3-pin adapter with red & black clips, all pins and clips verified

JPDiag tests all work with the cable connected to the bike battery:
- Test 1 passes with 0V and 12V switching on K-line
- Test 2 passes every time

I’ve tried various combinations:
- Ignition on, then immediately connect
- Connect, then ignition on immediately
- Fast init setting
- Slow init setting

A search showed that some people had success with FIATECUSCAN / MULTIECUSCAN in the past, I tried that too and still failed to get a connection.

All of this brings me back to the reason I wanted to have this interface running in the first place; having put the bike back together after reconditioning the throttle bodies, the immobiliser will not disarm!

I now suspect that something has happened to the ECU or its power supply, which would explain why the immobiliser (in the dash clocks) cannot communicate with the ECU (1 flash when key is turned, then solid light) and neither can JPDiag!

Can anybody advise how best to check that the ECU is actually receiving power? I’ve checked the fuses next to the ECU and all are fine. Also, I cannot seem to find the wiring diagram for the later S4 Monsters, only those with the standalone immobiliser…

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar - 21:23 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar - 08:05 (2018)    Post subject: No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU? Reply with quote

be sure battery level is greater than 12V and choose slow init
if you can't still connect then maybe ecu is defective yes

MSN
chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar - 20:15 (2018)    Post subject: No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU? Reply with quote

Did you remember to connect the earth fly lead under one of the bolts holding the ECU onto the bike?

Visit poster’s website
flammableguy
Map

Masculin
Bike / Moto: Monster S4

PostPosted: Fri 30 Mar - 14:49 (2018)    Post subject: No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU? Reply with quote

Hi chrisw, I thought I did have that ground hooked up, but will be certain it is done when I refit the ECU. In the meantime, I've bench tested it with a standalone power supply and successfully got a connection!

Is this everything I should expect to see? If so, now that I know it works on the bench is it possible to use JPDiag to take a dump of the ECU to have as a backup?

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:15 (2018)    Post subject: No Connection Diagnosis - Problem With ECU?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation