JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

connects but cant trim the fuel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
buzzer
Map

Masculin Scorpion (23oct-21nov)

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 15:44 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

hi, I have downloaded the software, installed it ,an activated the software, but while the TPS reset button appears to work OK, I cant seem to set the mixture?

moving the slider or putting a value in seems to make no difference to the bikes running, it seems to always go back to 15 as well...

any suggestions?

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 15:44 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 15:47 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

what bike and software are you using ?

MSN
chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 15:50 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

If bike has lambdas then you will not be able to adjust CO.

Visit poster’s website
buzzer
Map

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 16:22 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

sorry,  should have said its a 2003 Multistrada and I am using the jpdiag software

buzzer
Map

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 17:07 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

ok, looks like it was a faulty connection!

I do need some more help though...

I have set the air screws at two turns out...

I am assuming that hitting the + sign and increasing the value richens the mixture?

Do I need to hit "test" first, and then confirm to save it to the ECU?

I increased the value up to 32 and its running a lot smoother but now at 1900 RPM,  how do I decrease the RPM back down?

Whats the panel on the right with the question mark by it?

Sorry for the basic questions, I am taking the bike to a local garage tomorrow to use their gas analyser, I just wanted to get it running close first!

any help in layman's terms would be greatly appreciated!

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 20 May - 19:46 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

the ? is a trace of rpm at iddle you got with different co settings
if you reach 2000 rpm then you need to change the scale and replace 1350 with 2000rpm
same for co , graph show it up to 30 , you can change max to 35 to see your new trace

if iyou found max iddle then your setting is almost correct maybe a little lean now.
but you cannot change iddle by software. something should be not set s it was at factory in your throttle boddy, air screw ec...

MSN
buzzer
Map

PostPosted: Mon 21 May - 11:10 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help guys...  I took it to the MOT station this morning and he let me use the gas tester...  it was showing 5% so that was close enough and I left it as it was.  after I adjusted it last night it ran so much better at low speed!

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 21 May - 12:40 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel? Reply with quote

Okay

MSN
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:39 (2018)    Post subject: connects but cant trim the fuel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation