JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set idle RPM- Ducati 999

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
jack34
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul - 09:59 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

Hi everybody, first big thanks for this wonderful diagnostic tool. And now my case:

Recently I have changed OEM flywheel on my 999 (2005) for Nichols lightweight flywheel. Since that the engine is stopping when I stop at the red lights or Stop sign. If I move a choke little bit. Everything is OK. So I think idle RPM should be higher. 

Is there any easy way to set idle RPM? 

Thanks a lot. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul - 09:59 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul - 20:29 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

The choke is a fast idle lever. The idle can be optimised by correct CO setting. It can be done with JPDiag using trial and error. Adjust the CO, test and see effect on idle. Best setting will achieve highest idle. Using a gas analyser makes things easier. Balancing the throttle bodies will also help achieve better idle.

Visit poster’s website
jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul - 20:33 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

it's never easy you can try to adjust your co trimmer to check if the iddle increase or not
then you can try to play with air screws on each cylinder
reflashing can be an option too to set the default iddle target higher

MSN
jack34
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul - 20:48 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

Thank you, guys. 
As you both described it is not very easy. I will try to change CO settings If it won't work I will contact my mechanic. 

jack34
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul - 10:42 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

Hello,
today I have tried to set higher CO in trimmer mode. 
There has been set value 11. I changed it to value 25. And idle is a little bit higher. 
Tommorow I will try new setting on the road. 
Do you think it is ok?

jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul - 12:18 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

Yes that could be enough25 is the max you could reach ?

MSN
jack34
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul - 13:10 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999 Reply with quote

To jpl250rs: 
Moto was warm, after ride, water temperature was about 100 celsius and I could reach higher values then 25.
Tried 29 and moto worked (On rear stand, not on the road).

Will try tommorow current setup: 25. 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:39 (2018)    Post subject: Set idle RPM- Ducati 999

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation