JPDiag Forum Index

JPDiag

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTS 620 Virginise Dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Darkwing Duc
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul - 14:36 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

Hi All, 

I have bought new set of keys and locks for my MTS 620 that I bought with only 1 black key.  Now I learned that to code the new keys to the bike I need either keycard or/and original red key.  I do not have those...
Then I learned that if the ECU and Dash could be re-set into virgin state I can code it to my new Red-Key (and blacks).

Is it possible to do this without taking instrument apart and soldering wires directly to the eeprom chip?

I believe for ECU it is a matter of finding a virgin map and write to it.

I know I can disable IMMO completely with JPDiag software that i have (incl XX PM XX license) but would be fun to have it work with IMMO and the new keys.

BR Jan

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul - 14:36 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul - 17:28 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

Take the Silver stickers off your original key. Remove the retaining peg. Pull out the key shank and remove the transponder. Fit the transponder into one of your new black keys. You can clone the black key. The transponders are T5. If you were in the UK I would loan you the kit and supply a blank chipped key. You can get everything you need off eBay. Zedbull Mini, DUCATI key blank, T5 transponder (not the glass version). Or just insert T5 Transponder in one of your new keys and clone it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Zed-Bull-OBD2-Transponder-With-Mini-Type-N…
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Motorcycle-Key-Blank-For-Ducati-696-…
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Key-CHIP-T5-ID20-Blank-Transponder-Chip-f…

Visit poster’s website
Darkwing Duc
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul - 09:14 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

Thanks Chrisw.
I know this workaround and has actually already bought a blank key for cloning.

Problem is I would really like to have as original as possible solution, and especially now I bought the keys and locks.

Can anyone elaborate a bit about what is needed to virginise the dashboard so I can code it to my new red-key?

Can it only be done by taking out the Eeprom chip and use an eeprom programmer directly to it?

BR Jan

chrisw
FLASH

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul - 10:52 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

You need to PM Riderlogic.

Visit poster’s website
jpl250rs
Administrateur

Masculin
Bike / Moto: 899

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul - 17:00 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

you need to virginize eeprom in the dash and eeprom in the ecu
it's a bit tricky , i can do it with flasher on ecu side , but for the dash you'll need to read the eeprom and write it again , so if you don't have the tooling it may be difficult

MSN
riderlogic
FLASH

Masculin Gémeaux (21mai-20juin)

PostPosted: Thu 2 Aug - 13:59 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

If you have eeprom reader and XX PM XX for Dash, I could try and reset the key locations, but I don't have a new virgin file for this model.

Might be easier to request a ECM solution for Immo removal.

Visit poster’s website Skype
Darkwing Duc
Map

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 3 Aug - 12:58 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash Reply with quote

Thanks for all your answers. 
You confirmed that there is no way other than opening dash and going in directly to the eeprom with reader/XX PM XX.  
I think I will just disable IMMO in ECU and live on.
maybe try to find a cheap dash and experiment with that, just for the fun of it.

again thanks to all
Ride Safe
Jan

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:31 (2018)    Post subject: MTS 620 Virginise Dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JPDiag Forum Index -> JPDiag -> International section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation